View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
dejudicibus

Unhappy No way anymore to get IP address through Plugable Docking Station

I have a Lenovo E570 laptop with Windows 10 Professional. The OS is always kept up to date. So yesterday I used Lenovo Vantage to install the latest version of Realtek Ethernet Driver, as recommended, that is, Realtek Ethernet Driver - 10 [64] - V10.025.0119.2018. I rebooted and everything worked fine, even when the laptop is connected to the Plugable USB 3.0 Docking Station.

This morning I switched on my laptop and began to work. Everything was ok for one hour, but at a certain moment the laptop disconnected from the LAN. I tries few ipconfig and netsh commands, thinking it was a LAN problem, but all the other devices worked fine. So I unplugged the Ethernet cable from the docking station and plugged in directly to the laptop and everything was fine again.

I made several tests: if the cable is plugged to the docking station, the IP address is the classic 169.254.11.174 that you have when a system cannot get an IP address from DHCP. The Plugable driver is DisplayLink Network Adapter NCM V2.34.22.0, that is, the latest, as far as I know. The cable works, so it should be a software problem.

Any idea?

Last edited by dejudicibus; 06-17-2018 at 07:16 PM.
dejudicibus is offline   Reply With Quote