View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 04:04 PM   #14
Kendalbeefcake

Hi

Thanks, I had previously disabled my AV, now I've completely removed it. I've also shutdown/disabled all most all security-related services, to the same effect.

I tried re-running the clean-up app, which removed the drivers I had managed to install by hand (as the .INF file did not contain the actual hardware ID's my device was showing), and now I'm dumped back to the same point.

I also found this thread:

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/sho...t=62923&page=2

Which describes the same problem I think.

To that end, I also tried
- Logging on as the local Administrator (same result)
- Checked the permissions:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\DisplayLinkUsbIo_x64 - Administrator Group user have F/C

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\DisplayLinkGA - Doesn't exist (Before or after cleanup).

I'm fairly convinced that this is an issue with the installer package (as far as I can tell the core application and service never get installed. Also, when I extract

"DisplayLink_7.7M3\NIVO\DisplayLinkCore64.dat"

then rename it as a .EXE, then run it (as admin, no AV etc.)

I get this message briefly:

Please wait While Windows configures DisplayLink Core Software. Your screens may temporaily go black or flash during this process. (They don't, Screen shot attached)

Followed by this one:

DisplayLink Core Software cannot be installed on this operating system.

So I suspect that this is the error message that is being suppressed during the install.

However, Windows 8.1 64bit PRO should definitely be supported by Display link 7.7M3

I'm think about trying the corporate install, as at least that should give me a clue as to what is going on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dl0.jpg (14.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: png dl1.PNG (10.3 KB, 1 views)
Kendalbeefcake is offline   Reply With Quote