View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 04:46 PM   #17
ecDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalbeefcake View Post
Ok

So my hunch was correct; there is definitely something strange going on with the official driver package.. The "corporate install" package works just fine; you just need to use the MSI packages from the CLI and it all goes in fine, then install the drivers using the pnputil command, documented here:

http://displaylink.com/corporateinst...UsersGuide.pdf

And you are away.

I now have four screens, busting the stupid 3 screen limitation of the Intel HD4400 Chipset!
Congratulations!

Any chance you could provide the ELI5 version for me to give this a shot as well? Unfortunately my experience working with the Windows CLI is extremely limited and I'm not sure I can work my way through this without slightly more guidance.

I've signed up for the corporate installer and downloaded the MSI installer. I've been attempting to run the installation using the command prompt (run as administrator) and the command: msiexec.exe /i "filepathgarbage\displaylinkcore.msi" /norestart /passive" for both files (core first, the setup), but I've been unable to get any further with this than I could the original installer package.

After this I ran the pnputil.exe command (as described in the document) and got the following output: "Adding the driver package failed : invalid INF passed as parameter."

For the record, this is how that command was entered:

C:\Users\Me\Downloads\DisplayLink_7.7M3_MSI\Win64> pnputil.exe -i -a DisplayLinkUsb.inf

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or how to get any further with this. I'd like to do a full installation of whatever is already on the computer and give this a clean shot, but I'm honestly not sure how to go about that.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Last edited by ecDT; 01-12-2015 at 05:29 PM.
ecDT is offline   Reply With Quote