View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 05:59 PM   #9
nicola

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
This is supposed to work properly.
I'm using a similar setup on my desk: Dell D6000 + Dell D3100, combining the same chips you have. You can switch to USB-A and see if behaviour changes.

There is more than ample bandwidth. We were demoing 8x 4Kp60 at CES last January over a single connection. The dock is dual 4Kp60. A single 4K is 4x FullHD... I'm running out of money buying 4K displays before I run out of bandwidth. The codec we have is adaptative, so even if bandwidth was to become scarce, we would squeeze the data more to make it fit.

The USB-C bandwidth here is identical to the one over the USB-A connection. The dock has a USB 3 Gen 1 hub for 5 Gbps. The reason it's not a USB 3 Gen 2 at 10 Gbps is because it didn't need it and would bring the cost up un-necessarily.
Maybe it was a coincidence, it has been days that i'm playing with drivers of various components in order to find a working combination.

I will now try to maintain the same configuration for couple of days:
- 2 monitor attached to 2 DP ports of docking station
- 1 monitor attached to USB->HDMI StarTech adapter, attached to USB port of docking station
- docking station attached to USB-C port of the notebook (or USB-A, if is giving problems)
and see what happens...

I will back to you next week with a further feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
If you keep getting issues, please do use our customer support tool to gather logs (3rd link in my signature). I use the feedback to prioritise bug fixing in new driver/firmware releases.
I think I already added this log to main message, can you check if the same that you're asking now?

Best Regards

Last edited by nicola; 10-16-2018 at 06:03 PM.
nicola is offline   Reply With Quote