View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #32
BMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Hi ehendrix,

Sorry for going quiet on this one. Yes we think this is a good workaround, we could apply it at install time.

We'd use
? [= Sender WindowServer] [=S Message_CGXGLDisplayContextForDisplayDevice] ignore

Unless anyone can spot any issue with the approach?

Cheers,
Carlo
Hi Carlo, the string you proposed is formatted incorrectly, it would need to be as follows instead else it won't work:
? [= Sender WindowServer] [S= Message _CGXGLDisplayContextForDisplayDevice] ignore

I've confirmed the above works as intended.

PS. Make sure to put the string at the top of asl.conf else it won't work! (Due to other rules taking priority over it and cancelling out the effect). I'm not sure if S= or =S (as you proposed) makes any difference, but I've only ever seen it as S= which is why I put it that way round.

Also, if you're thinking of doing this automatically you should make sure to check there's not already a string containing _CGXGLDisplayContextForDisplayDevice OR WindowServer in asl.conf, as people may have already added the same or a different string to stop it from happening already.

Edit: Looks like someone else beat me to it, I've been trying to post this for the past few days but kept getting forum errors each time I did. The 4th page of the topic wasn't even showing up until I posted my message! Weird.

Last edited by BMT; 11-27-2014 at 10:10 PM.
BMT is offline   Reply With Quote