View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
georgebester

Unhappy All Six USB Displaylink DVI Failed One after another

I bought six displaylink adapters USB2.0 for my development desk and within 12 months every one of them failed The first two that failed were replaced by Lingage the supplier of Displaylink. I had used them with a unitek usb Ipad charger ( also ROHS complaint ) specially supplied by linqage for this job.
The rest of the 4 , including the two replacement usb devices which I used on another Computer, also failed ,I now have a bank of monitors with no way to display on them I wrote to Displaylink via their contact on their we site about this and never got a reply. The only response I got was that if I was submitting an unsolicited email idea then this idea now belonging to Displaylink - how is that for support !!! I took them back to my supplier Daniels from linkqage.co.za but they said that they could also do nothing about it besides sell me another set of six usb 3 display link adapters
After paying for the first six and having nothing to show for it I am reluctant to even consider this as they will probably fail as well
I am considering reporting Displaylink to consumer sites.
georgebester is offline   Reply With Quote