View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #1
drewto

Exclamation Streaming Problems and Limited Resolution Options

Hey everyone,

I just got a Dell D6000 dock and a 4k LG monitor. So far, there are two issues that I can't seem to figure out.

Hardware:
- Computer: Macbook Pro 2018 13inch
- Dock: Dell D6000
- Monitor: 32 inch LG UHD Monitor 4k

Issues:
- When plugged into the dock via USB-C, Netflix and Hulu videos will just show a black screen. Audio still works.
- I do not have access to the 1920x1080 resolution option, which is my preferred resolution.

Troubleshooting steps:
- When plugged into a USB-C to HDMI adapter, video playback works as expected
- When plugged into the dock using Safari, youtube works as expected
- When plugged into the dock using Chrome, Netflix and Hulu work as expected
- Restarted computer multiple times
- Reinstalled DisplayLink software version 5.0.1 multiple times
- Called Apple and they said they couldn't really help because it's a Dell problem
- Called Dell and they said they couldn't really help because it's a Hulu/Netflix plan problem
- It's not a problem with Netflix or Hulu because they both work when plugged into the monitor directly via the USB-C to HDMI adapter

Thoughts:
- This sounds like a weird problem handling DRM to me. Hulu and Netflix probably think that I'm trying to use an external monitor to record the video. I'm not, however, and I just want to be able to watch videos without having multiple cables coming from my macbook

Does anyone have any solutions? Are there any new software updates I haven't been able to find or something? Or is my new $100+ D6000 dock just trash?
drewto is offline   Reply With Quote