View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 05:33 AM   #3
Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Hi,

About the sleep issue in Sierra we can recommend to open a bug with Apple at bugreporter.apple.com to increase the priority of this issue with them.
We are seeing good response from Apple so far as you can see by the already fixed issues.

About the CPU it depends on the resolution but yes that amount of CPU can be expected when the whole screen is updating. As you have noticed, we only use CPU and bandwidth when something is updating on the screen.

Best regards,
Carlo
About the sleep issue
We the consumers can rec ommend YOU to solve the matter or stop selling this crap
I cant even get a screen on startup its black
I have to pluig my sony tv in and load the startscreen on that, and only Then will the ASUS MB169+ illuminate

restart or startup using the MB169+ does not initiate the display. the on/off button does not affect it and remains orange instead of white.
Only way this screen works is as secondary screen
Mouse stutter, and slow to drag, it flickers, the screen flickers a lot when video is playing

Its no use saying 'we know about this issue' or 'apple say this is expected'
because we the consumers dont care about that, what we care about is 'does this 180$ thing work, or am i going to be say frustrtrating myself on help forums and listening to 'you can send a bug report to Apple, but they will ignore it like they always do'

we are not here to do all your bug reporting. We are paying customers, who are feeling very hard done by with this unusable product, which you are making weak excuses for
The product is impotent. It is YOU at ASUS who must make it work, before releasing it, instead of getting paying customers to discover all the things you never tested, because of 'it is cheaper release it in imperfect status, to piss off the customers and get feedback, than it is to pay our developers to test all possible scenarios'
result; people like me who wont ever buy an ASUS Product again. and loads of bad PR on your forums from people complaining about the problems

two weeks now with this display, and im ready to go get a mains powered display again because its driving me mad, with so many issues and bugs.

Attaboy thats the way to sell your faulty displays - Use the paying customer as a Bug Finder and Reporter for free. You should pay people to find the bugs and fix them, not use the paying customer to discover them after purchase
All i can say further, is that i am extremely disappointed and angry about how this product is not working, and cannot work properly. I find the responses here from ASUS to be offering no solutions, except ask us to file a bug report.
I believe it is ASUS who have to find a way around it, not Apple
The product would be a world changer if it worked, but it does not work properly, and has many many problems, ranging from Mission Control, to mouse lag, screen flicker, bad graphics displaying with displacement,no HDCP compliance.. damn i wish i had bought the non hd version cheaper, as the 1080p version still doesnt play HDCP movies from iTunes anyway. Actually i wish id never bought this screen at all

Last edited by Spencer; 11-21-2016 at 05:51 AM.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote