View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 11:35 PM   #3
Ashark

Thanks for your response.
Thank you for providing drivers for Ubuntu. There is no problem in porting to other distros. I am happy that I could work in Linux.
Did I get it right, that nowadays drivers for all of generations are available for Linux and I can consider every displaylink powered device as supported?

I am asking because most of sellers do not mention Linux at all or explicitly say that it is unsupported, even in despite of there is ubuntu logo in screenshots and Ubuntu is in list of supported platforms on some OEM's sites. I think they just do not know and do not want take responsibility for incorrect promises.

Lets say that I want specifically this one adapter: https://www.startech.com/AV/USB-Vide...rd~USB32HDDVII
I can see ubuntu in OS compatibility list, so may I expect it work as expected with Linux?

And one another question about HDCP. I do not care of it, just want usb-to-hdmi adapter to work with my laptop, which I think do not use HDCP. So shouldn't I expect any problems with HDCP?

P.S. I do not know how you count user base, but I think that your products could be very usefull for Linux users as well for Mac and Windows. As for me, I work in Linux and need much space for information to be displayed. I am programming for Linux and testing on Linux. I think there are a lot of people like me. Low percentage of Linux users could be caused because of many reasons, including missing drivers for some wanted devices. But again, thank you that you are providing at least binary drivers.
Ashark is offline   Reply With Quote