View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 02:56 AM   #25
rickbdotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip View Post
Not to sound harsh... but it seems like the DisplayLink for Mac team doesn't have a developer's build to test on and will only know once the build is live...

Is this true or is that too personal? I don't mean it to be, I'm sure a fix will be coming as soon as possible.
Yeah honestly I was thinking the same thing, but was keeping it to myself since that's not really helpful. Maybe they had a dev seed but didn't think to test on a rotatable monitor or have one that reproduced the bug. I remember fixing a bug one time that involved a game being flipped upside on certain videos cards and had no idea until I happened to get a configuration that would replicate it and figure out what was going on. Programming is complicated especially when it's low level and depends on the vagaries of the OS maker. Sounds like they're on the ball now though.

If I had happened to have been running a dev seed I could have let them know about it earlier, but I tend to stay away from OS betas since I don't have the time to test the OS for Apple.
rickbdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote