View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #26
cmwade77

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkra View Post
If only ditching it were an option. I had to go through crazy justifications for this box (NewerTechnology's unit) because DisplayLink had at least admitted support for Mac OS X, whereas the only options from CDW didn't have any Mac support whatsoever. And work will absolutely not pay for a Thunderbolt display, which wouldn't fix the problem of having two external displays on this MBP, anyway.

I feel a little betrayed after having to deal with 6 months of justifications and procurement delays, only to have it (a) hard-lock my MBP if I switch to the Login Window while logged in (via the Fast User Switching menu), and now, post Mountain Lion upgrade, having stupid graphics and font rendering issues.

Thankfully I tend to use the secondary display primarily for text apps or apps where the primary content is text, and most of them are displaying properly (Tweetbot, Messages and Cisco Jabber for the corporate WebEx account being the notable exceptions so far.)

So, I wait patiently for DisplayLink to fix things. At least with the DisplayLink adapter, I don't need to reboot my mac every time i want to plug it in.
Ditching is an option, J5Create has drivers on their facebook page that work great with OS X 10.8.2 and even work with USB 3.0, so their devices work. You can easily buy one of them and use it. Ok, now I am sounding like an advertisement for J5Create and that is not the point, I am simply pointing out that there are other options that are currently working.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote