View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 09:41 PM   #190
tommiy

Apple has not respect for the ecosystem that their products are part of except when those products are apples. It has resulted in the decline in Macs over the years and its going to continue to be the decline of Macs. If Microsoft can perform major upgrades without crippling everything that is integrated their OS then only reason that Apple can not is because they do not wish to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
The only thing I can criticize is the poor information management from Apple and DisplayLink! There was no warning ahead of the new update.

DisplayLink posted a warning on their download site way too late. Although, this topic existed for months already. A few people even thanked me at Macrumors forums for pointing out this severe bug. I guess, too many people updated carelessly and ended up with a useless DisplayLink device.

Most enterprise IT departments are hostile towards Macs. It has always been like that, because Macs are a niche product and expensive compared to cheap Dell/ HP laptops which you buy in bulk anyway. However, Windows is not always an option. Some software doesn't run on Windows e.g. design tools like Sketch, Flinto, and Xcode.

DisplayLink technology is being used across many major vendors. It's not some small 3rd party chop shop piece of hardware. So yes, Apple's QA failed here big.
tommiy is offline   Reply With Quote