View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 04:14 PM   #340
justaskingaquestion

Default Does this apply to new MBP with TB3 ports?

I have one of the newest MBP 15in with TB3 ports, and I've been sticking with MacOS 10.13.3 ever since this problem emerged for fear of losing my display. Looking into it again, I see some confusing reports about whether this problem only exists for older models or if it is an issue for me as well. Can somebody help clarify?

I have

2017 MBP 15in with 4 TB3
Dell P2715Q 4k display, though I've been running it at 2560x1440 because everything is too small otherwise (I've only ever connected to this display via DisplayLink so I don't know if directly connecting gives me any more flexibility here)
I also use DisplayLink for mouse/keyboard/ethernet
I used to use DisplayLink for audio, though I've found that to be a very poor quality connection, especially when the computer is doing any heavy lifting.

With this setup, if I upgrade to 10.13.4 or later, will I still have to use the workaround via AirDisplay? If so, will I be able to use 2560x1440?

If I am limited to 1080p, does anybody have any recommendations for alternate hardware/hubs that can meet my needs in newer MacOS? When I bought this late last year I thought DisplayLink was the ticket, but maybe not?
justaskingaquestion is offline   Reply With Quote