View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 01:49 AM   #48
dizash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGloverii View Post
I think that DisplayLink tends to be more open and communicative regarding issues and status than most established vendors. And I appreciate that.

Yes, this incompatibility is inconvenient to all of us on this thread. And it goes without saying that we would like to see a fix ASAP. I simply don’t see any need to further impress upon DisplayLink that we want a fix. They are well aware of the need for a fix. Not only for us on this thread, but for ALL consumers of their products.

As for potential DisplayLink beta releases: This is something they already do. They are made public when available for testing.

I hope I don’t come across as being rude. That’s not my intent. I’m just providing my thoughts as someone who has utilized their products both personally and professionally for a long time.
I too appreciate the transparency from DL. It's a rare thing and much appreciated. Since this thread seems to have received the most participation in users sharing their configs/settings and more importantly, an update from Carlo when they discovered the one or two likely causes for the issue that's universal.

Anyway, besides giving this thread a bump, I noticed that if I selectmirror displays in system prefs (something I was prepared to cause a freeze or crash), the display attached to a DL to USB 3, went from lime green, to actually displaying what appears to be my login screen. I can only guess because the system prefs/ displays for that particular display is in the middle of the screen hiding the 3 accounts displayed on my login screen. Unfortunately, that's the only time I see anything different and requires a hard restart (holding down the power button). I'm also confirming that taking a screen shot of the diplay by dragging my trackpad pointer to that display (and using the cmd+shift+3 screenshot method), leaves you with a screen shot of your display how it should be displaying. It'definitely strange as it's like the lime green screen seems like a privacy measure - even though I know that's not what it is- I ony say that knowing that underneath the green, the display functions. More specifically, I'm able to drag things over there as well as blindly get them back .

Again the work by DL finding the likely issues and letting us know really is appreciated. Solid move and it's forr that reason and access to betas in the past which is why i haven't considered any other multi-screen solution. Thanks.
dizash is offline   Reply With Quote