View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 10:20 PM   #74
kkris

Default CPU load

Hi

I have read the many posts about the WUDFHost.exe causing a high CPU-load and since I have this issue I have already tried like everything:
- Cleaning up the display link drivers
- Installing older versions of the display link driver
- Reinstalling all kinds of drivers
- and so on and so on...

I think this problem came up after the recent windows update last week, but I am not 100% sure.

My issue:
I am using a USB 3.0 docking station by Lenovo (ThinkPad USB 3.0 Ultra Dock, Driver version: 8.2.1952.0, but I have already tried with 8.3 too) and via HDMI I have connected a monitor to it. When I remove the HDMI cable from the docking station, the CPU-load goes down and the fans are going back to a normal noise level again. What I have also recognized is that when I stop "explorer.exe" the CPU-load of "WUDFHost.exe" goes down too (to around 0.2 - 0.8%), even though the HDMI cable is still connected to the docking station and the monitor is still working. When I close the most CPU-consuming "WUDFHost.exe" the load goes down as well but this time it (of course) detaches the monitor.
"Windows Explorer" and the "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process" are together using around 50% of the CPU when the laptop is connected to the monitor through the docking station.

My hardware & OS:
Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 900-13 ISK
OS Version: 1703
OS Build: 15063.483
Docking Station: ThinkPad USB 3.0 Ultra Dock

Any help would be highly appreciated! Thank you and have a great day.

Cheers,
Kris

Last edited by kkris; 07-17-2017 at 10:56 PM.