View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 03:06 PM   #76
Tweak3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkris View Post
Hi,

Yesterday I downloaded this version again:
DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows - DEV BUILD NR-135298-LS-1 (8.3.1852)

First nothing changed but then, after a few minutes, all of a sudden the CPU-load went down. Both for "explorer.exe" and "WUDFHost.exe". Today the CPU-load is going crazy again: Both processes consume around 50% together. So I am back to where I was.

UPDATE:
I just disabled the visual effects in windows and the CPU-load went down immediately. Does this mean that the docking station + the display link driver does not work well when the visual effects are enabled?
This is my setting for now but I will keep an eye on it to make sure if this really was the solution to switch to "Adjust for best performance":

Cheers,
Kris
This helps a little bit, but it is part of a bigger problem. we've found that pretty much any app that uses fades, transitions, or animations can bring the driver framework (and thus displaylink) to its knees. Its really unfortunate there isn't a good fix though at the moment though as we heavily rely on video conferencing and the experience is pretty much that you get choppy video and cannot really do anything else with your machine.

Currently trying out the 8.4 alpha, and its not much difference performance wise on the machines i've tried it on which is unfortunate.