View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 01:34 AM   #35
wlfuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
The Ethernet on the dock must be set to auto negotiate, as there is no way to fix the port speed through the UI.

Also, half duplex modes are not supported, so if you try and force half duplex, the throughput will be very slow (due to packet collisions) and the speed will probably not be correctly negotiated.

Wim
Interesting, you mind explaining how to set this on the Targus Giga Ethernet Properties? I can only set a MAC address, VLAN ID, and Wake on LAN.

I have multiple other machines on the same network with Gigabit capability and have no issues with them on my Cat5/100Mbit network.

Where is the 'auto negotiate' setting on the dock or are you saying it is something the manufacturer (Targus) would have to set?

I'm just trying to understand. I appreciate the info and as I noted, just connecting the dock to a gigabit desktop switch that is connected to my network is working reliably now. Never had a gigabit capable device have problems before on my network. I am only posting as it was a pain for me and hopefully it helps someone. Thank you!
wlfuer is offline   Reply With Quote