View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #39
zristic

Thumbs down

I spent significant amount of time with Targus TACP70US to make it work properly. I would like to share my findings with others and to help solving the issue.

The first device I got did not work with video output, so I got it replaced.
The second one worked perfectly out of the box, but only for two weeks.

All of a sudden the video output did not work anymore so did not the ethernet connection. I contacted Targus support, but it seems I was emailing a bot since I got only generic replies saying I needed to update the drivers.

Of course, the driver update did not work and it took me some time to realize that windows/driver update always automatically updates the driver to the newest version, no matter what I install. That rang the bell and I started the procedure to revert drivers backwards until I got the device back to work. However, I had to turn off automatic driver update in control panel.

The DisplayLink driver that got the thing working is almost one year old- the version that works now with me is 6.3M1, from August 2012.

Ethernet is working now, so is the video output, but only at some resolutions. Earlier I had it working on most of the resolutions offered, but now I can normally use only two, which is not a bummer anyway.

I hope this findings of mine help others.

I also wish I could invoice Targus/DisplayLink for the hours I spent in fixing the issue. It took me quite a lot of time indeed, but let it be...
zristic is offline   Reply With Quote