View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 02:23 PM   #2
solo-act

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebaser View Post
On the laptops my touch bar it still believes I have my two monitors connected, but will not display anything on the laptop screen. Aso reconnecting the USB-C cable the monitors that were working do not detect the laptop any more.

Details
---------
macOS Monterey 12.2
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Any ideas on how to investigate or resolve this problem, I can not see anything in the troubleshoot guide

Thanks
Do you have DisplayLink running and in the top menu bar where you have clock, battery etc.? Look for an icon with 2 interlinked rectangles. If it's not there, then the application is not running and external displays will not work. You can launch the application click on the icon and see if the "login screen extension status" app is installed. If not, there should be a link to install.

That extension will activate external screens for computer login when your laptop is in clamshell mode.

If DisplayLink icon is in the top menu bar and there's an exclamation point in the icon, you can click and it'll tell you it doesn't have screen record permission.

I have exact same laptop and OS as you. The repeatable problem that DisplayLink has not addressed in my posts is whenever my laptop (which is clamshell mode) goes to sleep or I tell it to sleep, it will wake up and the installed "login screen extension status" will wake up the external displays.

Here's the problem I'm having: as soon as I log in AFTER waking the computer from sleep, the screens go black and THE SCREEN RECORD PERMISSION that was working perfectly before sleep IS FORGOTTEN.

Only 2 things correct the situation:
  1. Opening the laptop, unchecking and re-checking screen record permission for DisplayLink in system preferences > security & privacy > screen recording. This will activate external screens.
  1. Rebooting the external dock the screens are connected to.
solo-act is offline   Reply With Quote