View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 05:02 PM   #4
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Patrick,

The post on the online community is very interesting reading, even if misinformed.

OpenGL is linked with graphics computing. Even when using DisplayLink technology, the computer GPU (Graphics Computing Unit) is used to compute graphics, like with a direct display.
Windows window desktop manager compose the desktop and its content with the graphics card. Then, we get the computed pixels handed over to us which we ship through proper USB after encoding.

OpenGL has nothing to do with what our technology does on that OS.
The dock isn't a GPU, the OS doesn't even tells us about OpenGL calls because we have nothing to do with them, the OS passes them through to the GPU in use.

Intel had a bug in their graphics driver for Windows 10 Anniversary Update onwards and indirect displays (a standard Windows feature introduced at the time which includes DisplayLink but also others).
The reason I know is because Microsoft graphics team analysed the issue, and discussed with Intel to fix that bug.
Until then, the workaround was changing the primary display to the onboard display BEFORE starting the application, you will see that suddenly you get it working over DisplayLink screens.

The fix went into Intel 15.60 branch. I would recommend you go to the Intel website, if Dell hasn't validated that driver, you will have to use the ZIP file and update the GPU driver manually.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...ows-15-60-?v=t

Microsoft, DisplayLink and other users tried the previous driver of that branch and reported success.
Would you please be able to try and let me know the result?

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote