View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #18
MikeKulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyea View Post
Hello all,

Spent $200 on a new monitor and $60 on a Kensington Universal Multi-Display Adapter. Might as well have thrown that money away. Using this on a Macbook I was having freezes and on a Macbook Pro it stopped working after two days.

Researching this before purchase I found that the web was full of great reviews and happy shiny faced people extolling the friggin virtues of this piece of junk.

I will do my part to amend this.

Love that quote from the PR person about DisplayLink not wanting to be "perceived" as abandoning mac users. That seems pretty accurate, more concerned about public perception than actually providing support for their products.
I emailed Kym Stowe and got a very disturbing reply. I told how I thought there was little mac support and that this product doesn't really work on a mac. Her reply was to address none of my issues and just say "I'll see what I can find". I'm sure she has no plans to search for anything or get back to me because she didn't ask for further details about my problem or ask for the debug output.