View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 04:52 PM   #3
TheHokemon

PROBLEM FIXED.

This was an odd one. After a couple weeks of working with Kasia and team at DisplayLink Technical Support (wonderful experience), we had come to the conclusion that this was an OS bug and she had filed it with her development team.

And then I had a thought and went into the Audio MIDI Setup. I saw that I had created a “Multi-Output Device” at some point, and the Dell dock was checked in the list of devices to use. I deleted the entry in MIDI settings and lo and behold…the problem went away.

I checked and rechecked, and restarted the Mac and tested again. Quit the DisplayLink Manager app, unplugged/replugged the dock, etc. No issues. The problem no longer persisted.

I added back the Multi-Output Device to see if I could recreate the problem and I did! After I unplugged the dock and plugged it back in again, the problem returned. And as soon as I deleted the Multi-Output Device, the problem went away.

So that was it. Not sure why this was causing the issue but as of right now (knock on wood) the whole setup including my THREE displays attached to an M1 MacBook Air is working perfectly.

Happy Friday!
TheHokemon is offline   Reply With Quote