View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 01:11 AM   #52
skew4

Default responsiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude123 View Post
Problem solved!!!

Update to 4.0 didn't make it better on macOS 10.12 - BUT after the system update to 10.13 combined with 4.0 - now finally the log spam is solved and on top of that also the hardware support for video etc is very much improved.

Well done!! Thank you a lot DisplayLink-Team!!!!
Errr... I think you meant: Thank you Apple ! :-)

Some people have expressed concerned about wearing out disks. I don't know about that, however there's another massive difference that the super useful "log config level off" workaround just made: *responsiveness*. The short but still very painful lag between the moment I hit the keyboard and characters appears on the screen is finally gone.

For months and months until I found this message in the logs by chance (while looking for something else) I've been telling all my colleagues that DisplayLink was a technology really not for everyone because of a severe trade-off to make between screen real estate and responsiveness. Now I understand it was actually just that logging issue.

Has Apple any plan to backport the fix to Sierra?

Has DisplayLink updated their test plans to include responsiveness? (and also logging why not)
skew4 is offline   Reply With Quote