View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 01:53 AM   #22
rafarataneneces

Quote:
Originally Posted by variable View Post
I'm using the nVidia 260.99 (8.17.12.6099) drivers on a GTX-460 and DisplayLink 5.4.28638 software for a DoubleSight DS-70U. I previously had 5.5.27797 installed, but uninstalled and rebooted before installing 5.4 M1. This is on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 box.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 seems to play fine in this combination on my HDMI display. However Windows Media Center only shows a window border around an otherwise black screen in windowed mode or a completely black screen in fullscreen mode (on either my primary or USB monitor). When I uninstall DisplayLink it works fine. Rolling back to the nVidia 258.96 drivers resolves this issue when either version of DisplayLink is installed.

Let me know if I can provide more detailed information to engineering on this. I can also help test any pre-production engineering releases if you want.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, according to GPU-Z, CUDA and PhysX are disabled when DisplayLink is installed.
Thanks for your comments.

I will buy a Display Link device again ONLY IF the issues are resolved.

I returned my item to the store because of software incompatibilities.

Sooner or later (hopefully sooner), DisplayLink SHOULD work with 260.99, this is crucial for people with the latest GTX 400 and 500 cards

Thanks for reporting