View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 09:45 PM   #1
steverod

Default Instability after upgrade to 10.11.4?

I have a 2015 MBP 13" Retina, and a plugable USB 3 docking station with DisplayLink monitor (& network too). I'll disconnect at the end of the day and reconnect the next morning. The 2.5 driver has been, not super reliable, but at least stable -- after a few days, the DisplayLink chip will stop getting recognized but I can continue using the primary display (it's worse to have to reboot than to lose the extra display).

Since upgrading to 10.11.4, everything has gotten a lot less stable. If the display goes to sleep while the DisplayLink is connected (e.g. lunch), when I come back the display is unresponsive - if I'm lucky, the DL display stops updating and I can continue working, but more often than not, the entire machine becomes unusable (apps don't go away, etc).

The dreaded "distnotesd using all the CPU" problem is back big time.

Has anyone else seen this with 10.11.4? I have reinstalled the 2.5 DL driver, to no avail. After 3 reboots in 2 days (each reboot takes >45 minutes to recover my personal state, which is why I hate doing it), I'm trying to figure out what to do, if it's worth just uninstalling entirely.
steverod is offline   Reply With Quote