View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 10:52 AM   #15
mag

AlbanRampon: so I've done some more tests:

First as I tried to keep the drivers installation as clean as possible I always uninstalled drivers the following way:
- In Device Manager: uninstalled the display and ethernet adapters and sound controller from the dock device with the option "Delete the driver software for this device"
- In Device Manager: uninstalled the external keyboard and mouse as well
- disconnected the dock
- for the standalone driver packages (either from Your or Dell website) I also uninstalled the software from Programs and Features
- restarted
- run the DisplayLink Installation Cleaner
- restarted

From this state, I tested the following 3 driver packages, one by one (each one always from this "clean" state):
1. 7.9 M7 from Dell (Dock_DL_Win_A00_Setup-47MTD_ZPE.exe) with Windows Update drivers blocked
2. 8.0 M1 from Your website (DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows 8.0 M1.exe) with Windows Update drivers blocked
3. 8.0 M0 (most likely) from Windows Update (installed by just connecting the dock and waiting for the drivers to install from Windows Update automatically

Both those 8.0 drivers did behave identically regarding the lag so I won't mention them separately in the following text.

1. Replace display mode (Show only on 2):
- 7.9 M7: no lag
- 8.0: lag

2. Extend display mode:
- 8.0: no lag (the only case when the 8.0 drivers didn't exhibit that lag)

3. In Replace display mode, disconnect & reconnect the dock at runtime:

4. In Replace display mode, disconnect mouse from dock & connect it directly to the laptop USB port:

5. In Replace display mode, use the laptop builtin touchpad instead of the USB mouse:

All these tests were performed after a full system restart, no sleep & resume, no user applications were running, I just logged in and moved the mouse and watched what happens.

Dock was always connected via the USB 3.0 connection - always the same USB port.

All devices are wired, no wireless mouse or anything like that.
mag is offline   Reply With Quote