View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #10
jdmueller84

I am having the same problem. Everything worked fine in 10.7.3 and when i upgraded to 10.8 weird things started happening. After days of troubleshooting I found out it was the Display LInk drivers causing the problems. Finder crashing, apps not installing, dmgs not mounting/unmounting, ect are just some of the weird things that would happen.

I feel like I spent a decent amount of money on these adapters and 2 extra displays that I now cannot use. Does display link have a fix for this?

Do they even acknowledge the problem?

What the hell is going on? You have users over here spending hours and days troubleshoot your crap drivers when you should have released the 10.8 version FULLY TESTED, which you in fact did not. Also, I would like to note there is nothing on the drivers download warning us of this problem. I spent countless hours of my life troubleshooting a problem I thought to be 10.8 related and it turns out it is your crap software/drivers.

So when is this going to be fixed DisplayLink? Are you going to offer replacement hardware to people to fix this? WHEN will this be fixed???? I am starting to get really pissed off with DisplayLink. I also purchased two 14" external displays for my laptop which I haven't tested, but probably have the same issue.

WTF???? I expect more out of a company than this. If you can afford to mass product a product, you sure as hell should be able to test it properly instead of release it to your users and making us as your beta/alpha testers on YOUR hardware. Last time I checked we weren't getting any credits or refunds for troubleshooting YOUR crap product.

Fix this IMMEDIATELY.
jdmueller84 is offline   Reply With Quote