View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
loopyfrogger

Unhappy

Was hoping that 2.3 would bring happiness but no such luck. I have two main problems with the DisplayLink driver (2.2) for my mac book pro running os x 10.9.5

1) Continuous error messages to the os log this is 2- 5 messages per second.
10/15/14 1:19:23.439 PM WindowServer[10290]: _CGXGLDisplayContextForDisplayDevice: No matching context for device (0x7fb812e30790) - disabling OpenGL
This has two effects on my performance. 1) it fills up the log and causes it to switch to a new log every couple of minutes. When this happens the entire system pauses and becomes unresponsive for a few seconds. 2) since I have an SSD it wears out the SSD for no good reason.

2) When using Lastpass in chrome on the Displaylink screen it causes the computer to reboot.

Unfortunately 2.3 does NOT fix either problem for me. Both of the issues are really unacceptable and may cause my to upgrade to an imac and just use thunderbolt for all of my displays. I am afraid I have lost all hope that these issues will be fixed. The only saving grace at this point is being able to use the 2.1 driver which still crashes when using lastpass but at least doesn't write constantly to the system log.