View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 09:31 AM   #16
nicola

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
I reviewed the thread, and will attempt to summarise.
StarTech USB32HDPRO adapter (USB->HDMI) is using DisplayLink technology as well.
So, from what I can see, when using any of the DL-3xxx, DL-5xxx, and DL-6xxx HDMI outputs, your monitor works properly. You have issues when using the Alternate Mode, and potentially with DisplayPort converter chip.

When all your displays flashed, it could be because of a driver crash. The notebook will blink as you change the desktop layout.
If you still have that adapter, I'd recommend plugging it to your docking station and use it to drive the HDMI monitor.
Should it crash again, we can look into the crash data to improve the driver.

Kind regards,
Alban
Thank you for your suggestions. I tried the StarTech adapter in the previous days, connecting it to the docking station, but also used by itself (only notebook monitor and one external with the adapter) with the USB port of the notebook.
In both cases after some time both monitors get stuck, after few seconds they became all black and the all the layout is resetted (all windows are moved to the internal notebook monitor).

I don't know... maybe the StarTech adapter is damaged, but at this point I'm willing to consider a problem with the Intel driver itself of the notebook, not any external device I can use.
nicola is offline   Reply With Quote