View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 08:25 PM   #14
phrogg

Default Blanking off and on

So I switched that preference and it makes the second screen really work pretty well! Overall I like that configuration and I'm not sure how I ended up with that choice turned off!

So things are much better in most respects. The one other issue I have been having is still there and finally got me to just pull the plug on that DL monitor.

I am apparently losing sync with it constantly. It was occasionally but it just kept happening more and more often to where it is now 3-5 times per minute. Both screens blank, it resets all of the windows onto the monitor attached to the built-in graphics card, then it blanks again as it sees the second monitor and puts things back on the DL monitor. This now reoccurs maybe 3-5 times per minute and is making working infeasible.

I am hooked up with a Macbook into the AV adapter where I have one 4K monitor via HDMI and a USB 3 connection to a USB 3.0 hub. That hub has a hard drive (for backups) attached and the DL adapter for the second monitor.

I can drop the hub and backup drive out of the middle of this, but is there any known issue with doing this over the AV adapter on a Macbook?
phrogg is offline   Reply With Quote