View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 08:51 PM   #11
helpwithmac

Default Mac Air dual display working

Hi Everyone,

I have a macair mid 2013, and a macair 2017, both of which are working hooked up to two external displays (LG Tvs). I am using a cable matters USB 3 to HDMI, and the more common connection to external display (is it called lightening or thunderbolt i can't remember ?) that does not require a driver.

Anyways, the driver for the mid 2013 went very smoothly. What I did was downloaded it, then before installing it, I clicked uninstall because I had previously had a driver installed. I recommend trying this anyways even if you have never had a DisplayLink driver installed.
Then I installed the driver and everything ran smoothly for two external displays (not mirrored).

For the 2017 computer, however, there was a bit more difficulty as I orgiianyll had a black screen like I am reading many of you had with 10.14. What worked for me was following the routine: uninstall, install, then I went to settings>>security and privacy>> accessibility and made sure that display link was checked (many of you have done this I know).

Here was my almost fix... then go to "general" at the top. On this screen there was an error message that said I needed to allow display link or something like that.. so I clicked it an allowed it.

Still however the screen was black.

THEN instead of restarting my computer I shut it down.

When I turned it back on... everything was working - wallah.

I hope this works for you!!! I am so glad to have the DisplayLink driver back... I've been living in misery since April when 10.13.6 happened... what a relief
helpwithmac is offline   Reply With Quote