View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 08:27 PM   #46
toastido

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGloverii View Post
While we are all currently impacted by this issue, I think it’s important to note that we have caused this issue ourselves by installing an Apple BETA product on presumably PRODUCTION machines. That is a risk, and we are now suffering the result of that risk.
While I can appreciate what you are saying, nobody is blaming DisplayLink for the issue. We're just pushing to get it fixed. (Besides, if apple were to release 10.13.4 to the public today, it'd still be broken.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGloverii View Post
I can not fault DisplayLink for not providing a fix yet. That is the point of developer betas. To flesh out incompatibilities and resolve before general release of the update.
Again, we're just anxious to get the fix. I have even offered to test a "beta" fix to see if it works outside of a lab environment for them.

Another thing to note, is that most developers (like myself) keep up to date with developer/public betas so we can do just that, flesh out incompatibilities and resolve before GA. That is why we would have installed it on "production" machines.

Not blaming anyone, or even getting mad; Just requesting updates to this issue.
toastido is offline   Reply With Quote