View Single Post
Old 12-02-2023, 08:33 AM   #5
LFS92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboerner View Post
According to this DisplayLink knowledge base article --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...-on-windows-10 a 'Code 31' error can sometimes be caused by security software installed on the host computer (for example, anti-virus software):

"DEVICE MANAGER - ERROR CODE 31

There have been some instances of DisplayLink devices with a yellow "!" in device manager, and opening the properties shows that they have an error code 31. To resolve, please ensure your anti-virus or endpoint protection software is not blocking UMDF driver installation."

If you have any such software installed, if you temporarily remove the security software and attempt the DisplayLink driver installation again, does that help change the result?

Hello! Thank you for your input, I've seen that article and already tried disabling all the antivirus functions, in fact I even went into safe mode and installed the drivers that way. The drivers always install successfuly regardless of how I install them or which version, they just won't load. Could it be some registry key causing it? Thank-you.
LFS92 is offline   Reply With Quote