View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 12:30 AM   #2
drewto

Angry Resolutions (?)

Hey everyone,

Even though no one is replying to this post I figured I would update it with the information I found in case someone else runs into the same problem.

Here is DisplayLink's response to the video playback problem: https://support.displaylink.com/know...y-on-mac-while

Basically it's not supported at all until they release a software update.

As for the resolution issue, I found the page that tells us to use the Option (alt) key to choose other resolutions. While this does allow me to use 1920x1080 at 60 hertz, the only thing that seems to work well is the mouse. All of the window animations are choppy. I tried playing a game that was running at 55 fps, but then when I dragged it to the external monitor it appeared to be playing at 10-15 fps.

So my question to the DisplayLink employees out there: Are we going to see an update soon that allows protected content to be played? Or will I have to unplug my monitor every single time I want to watch Netflix (defeating the purpose of the 4k monitor I bought)

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the really poor frame rate when doing anything other than moving the mouse around?

Finally, since I've spent a good amount of time on this, I need to ask: does anyone know of any other powered docking stations that DO NOT use DisplayLink? So far every single one I've looked at on Amazon use DisplayLink.
drewto is offline   Reply With Quote