View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 10:00 AM   #7
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi All,

I'm counting at least three different issues here. It's usually best to create new topics to get a better discussion.

However, for everyone I'd suggest to try 10.12.4 and then let us know how it goes. What to do depends on the issue.

For TheRiz and FFS, please try 10.12.4. It would be great to know in this thread if it has improved your situation as it has done for us.

For justme, if Thunderbolt is behaving differently from the internal screen I'd raise a bug with Apple. It's unlikely we can change anything to help with this, but in case would be great to know what from Apple.
Please note that I've found several issues on various Mac sites about Thunderbolt screens blank after power state transitions. I'm sure Apple is working on it but still worth raising an issue to raise the priority of your use case.

For Vasile1337 and mdom, I think there are two issues.
The black DisplayLink screen after unlocking is something we want to improve for the next release. We have a series of improvements for a few issues that happen randomly and have similar behaviour. As usual, can't give target dates!
About the windows being moved, I have seen something similar. Quite rarely I have to say but when it happens it completely baffles me as the window seems to have disappeared when in reality I see just a corner of it in the corner of one screen.
I think this is worth a separate thread. We don't really control what is drawn where so I suspect a WindowServer issue. However I can't see a reproduction that can reliably tell Apple what to look for.
mdom's reproduction seems promising. Can you let me know how are your screens laid out and their size?

Kind regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote