View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 08:14 PM   #2
tommiy

Tried 5.0 drivers last night on 10.14.6. Ran all day connected to a DisplayLink dock without any issues. Went home plugged in the thunderbolt monitors and WindowServer process went high straight away. Sent Mac to sleep. Returned to work plugged into a DisplayLink dock and DisplayLinkManager goes to about 150% CPU utilisation and WindowServer sits at about 35%. After 15 to 20 minutes of this the OS kills it and everything returns back to normal at 4-10% for these processes.

There is nothing unusual on the Mac its used for office work really just VMWare Fusion, Office and Citrix loaded.

The 5.0 drivers are definitely slower to start up the external displays on Display Link but certainly no issue with external thunderbolt monitors like 5.2 drivers. I guess this may be an issue with 10.14.6 and DisplayLink. Look forward to see what happens with Catalina but after waiting almost a year to get Display Link working with 10.14 I'm not going to upgrade any time soon.

Guess this is just another one of those Display link quirks that is expected to be put up with in the end.

I'll post support files in the next couple of days for this as it is repeatable every single time.

Last edited by tommiy; 09-09-2019 at 08:18 PM.
tommiy is offline   Reply With Quote