View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #30
Paulie

OK I installed the new 7.2M1 driver package and this time I do believe most of my issues are resolved.

Lenovo X1 Carbon W8 and USB3.0 Dock

Ethernet performance looks normal (backup is running and transferring large files to NAS works fine)
1920 x 1200 display over DVI seems fine

I do still suffer occasional mouse lag/stutter. Happens only every few minutes so not terribly annoying now. I can't seem to force it eg when running part screen or full screen HD video so difficult to analyze. In fact, on the few occasions I noticed it (like just now typing this), there was very little other graphics-related activity going on. Just a frozen mouse pointer for around 1 second or less, and when it recovers the mouse jumps to where I assume it would have landed if it hadn't froze.

I did install the Intel USB Host Controller earlier not sure if that matters. After the Displaylink update, I reverted to the Microsoft controller - seems no different with limited testing.

Regarding Cakey's install issues - as suggested in the manual I ran the installation first with the dock disconnected. Then reboot twice (once including a power-down of the dock). Not sure if this is any different or matters but the install seemed to run smoothly.
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote