View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 02:35 AM   #10
Nystera

Default Got it to work (kinda)

Hi all,

Sorry for the late update, I have been working with a separate dongle the whole time, and couldn't be bothered to find a fix (after tirelessly looking for solutions).

However, I have good news (kinda) on a workaround such that I can consistently get it to work. Thanks @nicolevincent.net for the advice

Basically I followed Nicole steps (look at the previous reply to this thread), but it is still very inconsistent; however the unintended behaviours can be mitigated. In general, unplugging the docker, restarting the docker, and replugging it seems to work.

Here are the workflows that worked for me (both when laptop is either OFF or SLEEP initially):
  • Laptop initially OFF: Docker OFF + CONNECTED -> Docker ON + CONNECTED -> Laptop ON (most consistent, works almost 100% of the time)
  • Laptop initially SLEEP: Docker OFF + DISCONNECTED -> Laptop WAKE -> Docker ON + DISCONNECTED -> Docker ON + CONNECTED (NOT consistent, got it to work a few times but more than not it fails)
  • Laptop ANY STATE: Have separate dongle with (type USB-A) plugged into laptop -> connect docker into said dongle [Works all the time, with the exception that you need a separate charger now]

I'm also as equally disappointed as you guys that such an expensive docker still has issues, but until I decide to upgrade my laptop or docker, this will do.

Hope this helps for you as well!

Last edited by Nystera; 02-11-2022 at 02:49 AM.
Nystera is offline   Reply With Quote