View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 01:54 PM   #447
State_from_Jake_Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by displayhero View Post
after having the latest updates installed and continually waiting for a solution for over 6 months now... I now have my screens back and running. I do not have airplay so I have had a screen sitting here doing nothing for that amount of time.

donluca you are a god amongst men. thanks for posting those... there is NOTHING in the new updates beyond 10.13.3 that is noticeable for me.

i am happy to remain on this until a solution comes out.. but even so i dont think ill risk updating again after what happened.
Not updating eh? That's not very smart. Here's some of the security updates you will be missing out on..........

AMD

Available for: macOS High Sierra 10.13.5

Impact: A malicious application may be able to determine kernel memory layout

Description: An information disclosure issue was addressed by removing the vulnerable code.

CVE-2018-4289: shrek_wzw of Qihoo 360 Nirvan Team

APFS

Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges

Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved memory handling.

CVE-2018-4268: Mac working with Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative

ATS

Impact: A malicious application may be able to gain root privileges

Description: A type confusion issue was addressed with improved memory handling.

CVE-2018-4285: Mohamed Ghannam (@_simo36)

Bluetooth

Available for: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) and MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
Other Mac models were addressed with macOS High Sierra 10.13.5.

Impact: An attacker in a privileged network position may be able to intercept Bluetooth traffic

Description: An input validation issue existed in Bluetooth. This issue was addressed with improved input validation.

CVE-2018-5383: Lior Neumann and Eli Biham

Entry added July 23, 2018

CFNetwork

Impact: Cookies may unexpectedly persist in Safari

Description: A cookie management issue was addressed with improved checks.

CVE-2018-4293: an anonymous researcher

CoreCrypto

Available for: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Impact: A malicious application may be able to break out of its sandbox

Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved input validation.

CVE-2018-4269: Abraham Masri (@cheesecakeufo)

DesktopServices

Available for: macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Impact: A local user may be able to view sensitive user information

Description: A permissions issue existed in which execute permission was incorrectly granted. This issue was addressed with improved permission validation.

CVE-2018-4178: Arjen Hendrikse

IOGraphics

Impact: A local user may be able to read kernel memory

Description: An out-of-bounds read issue existed that led to the disclosure of kernel memory. This was addressed with improved input validation.

CVE-2018-4283: @panicaII working with Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative

Kernel

Available for: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, macOS High Sierra 10.13.5

Impact: Systems using Intel® Core-based microprocessors may potentially allow a local process to infer data utilizing Lazy FP state restore from another process through a speculative execution side channel

Description: Lazy FP state restore instead of eager save and restore of the state upon a context switch. Lazy restored states are potentially vulnerable to exploits where one process may infer register values of other processes through a speculative execution side channel that infers their value.

An information disclosure issue was addressed with FP/SIMD register state sanitization.

CVE-2018-3665: Julian Stecklina of Amazon Germany, Thomas Prescher of Cyberus Technology GmbH (cyberus-technology.de), Zdenek Sojka of SYSGO AG (sysgo.com), and Colin Percival

libxpc

Available for: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, macOS High Sierra 10.13.5

Impact: An application may be able to gain elevated privileges

Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved memory handling.

CVE-2018-4280: Brandon Azad

libxpc

Impact: A malicious application may be able to read restricted memory

Description: An out-of-bounds read was addressed with improved input validation.

CVE-2018-4248: Brandon Azad

LinkPresentation

Impact: Visiting a malicious website may lead to address bar spoofing

Description: A spoofing issue existed in the handling of URLs. This issue was addressed with improved input validation.

CVE-2018-4277: xisigr of Tencent's Xuanwu Lab (tencent.com)
State_from_Jake_Farm is offline   Reply With Quote