View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #15
chaz4070

Default Same issue PLUS Dock CPU% high

Hi everyone. I'm having the same issue. Two display link adapters in portrait mode. Neither work when rotated. They do come on when in "standard" orientation, however, I'm also seeing my Dock use 100% CPU when I have the displaylink adapters plugged in. I have repeatedly force quit the Dock from Activity Monitor and it immediately respawns at the high usage rate until I unplug the display link adapter and force quit it again.

It is very noticeable for me as I have a 13" MBP and the fan gets really loud when the CPU is under load.

I'm curious as to why I can't seem to find any info regarding the 10.7.3 update on the Mac page on the DisplayLink website. Shame on me for not holding off on the update I suppose but I would think the DisplayLink folks would be using the developer releases to test the software and could post notices like: "Current users using DisplayLink software on 10.7.2 on rotated monitors may want to hold off on the 10.7.3 update until we release a new driver".

My current setup doesn't have space for landscaped monitors so right now my extra two 20" along with their display link adapters are of no use.

I would appreciate an update on the timeline of the anticipated fix please.
chaz4070 is offline   Reply With Quote