View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #13
paultzirides

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
About the MB12", if you are using a DisplayLink product without a USB-C port, we've seen issues with the multiport adapter but the smaller USB-C to USB adapter is behaving well.
Carlo, what about power? As I understand it, the USB-C port will allow power into the laptop while data flows in/out. I was hoping for DL dock > Apple Multi-port adapter > 12" MacBook. The issues are that I will need to use the laptop for many hours while "docked", and I need to make sure that I don't run out of juice halfway through. Additionally, the locations in which I use the DL docks both require a wired network connection for stability. Currently, I have a DL dock > MacBook Air, which works flawlessly. If the issues are minimal/negligible on the 12" MacBook, then I really won't worry about picking one up if my employer will spring for it.

If the issues will impact work or make using that setup unstable, then it seems like I may need to stick with my MacBook Air until these issues get sorted out, since I really do need the absolute lightest Mac I can get my hands on that is DL-capable (with all the bells and whistles).

Either way, I feel like the DL team has really done a phenomenal job of getting DisplayLink functioning on Macs with close to 100% parity to Windows. Great job.

Last edited by paultzirides; 05-04-2016 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Tightened up quoted text
paultzirides is offline   Reply With Quote