View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 08:50 PM   #32
wahlfeld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
We have run tests with a number of USB-C adapters and USB products with a 2016 MacBook without encountering particular USB issues.
We're going to test the 2015 MacBook next: the USB host controller is different.

We've observed the same issue Paul found: in systems with recent Intel GPUs sometimes the internal screen does not resume from sleep when USB screens are connected.
The same happens sometimes on warm reboots and we've seen a similar behaviour logging out and in again.
This is a Sierra issue not depending on USB-C but since all MacBooks have a single recent Intel GPU, they are all potentially affected.

If you see this issue please open a bug with Apple: this is the last severe issue not yet fixed in the latest Sierra beta!

Best regards,
Carlo
Not good that you're seeing issues too but it does make me feel better than it's a genuine problem and not something wrong with my device. It's great to see you and team working on this Carlo! I managed to get my hands on another USBC adapter to USB3/HDMI/SD card etc (forgot to check the brand) but I experienced the exact same behaviour as mentioned in my previous comments.

Keen to hear how you go with the 2015 Macbook testing.

Curtis
wahlfeld is offline   Reply With Quote