View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
jazzy

Default DisplayLink Driver messing with my tablet button and accelerometer

Hi,

I just bought a toshiba dynadock U and installed the latest displaylink driver (5.6.31870) for my HP 2760p tablet PC. The external monitor via displaylink is working perfectly fine when plugged that into my laptop, however one of my tablet button (rotate display button) was messed up and the windows accelerometer was stopped working.

Before installing displaylink driver, I have installed an hp application called ScreenRotationCPUI (for Tablet Screen Rotation) that basically changes the display to portrait whenever I flip the screen (in tablet mode). After installing displaylinkdriver, the screen doesn't rotate automatically to portrait when in tablet mode, the accelerometer isn't working either (to rotate the display based on the position of the display), and whenever I press the rotate button (hardware button on the screen) it only bring up the ScreenRotationCPUI interface instead of rotating the screen. In other word, all of the rotating functions are now broken. Although manual rotation via Windows OS still work.

The happens with both drivers I downloaded from Toshiba and DisplayLink. And I got all of the rotating functions back as soon as I uninstall the driver.

Can anybody advise if this is a known issue? Is there any workaround? This basically has stopped me to use the displaylink chip as I'd rather has a fully functioned tablet than having an additional external monitor.
Thanks guys.

Details:
Computer: Hewlett-Packard - HP EliteBook 2760p
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (x64-based PC), Service Pack 1, English
OS Build: 7601
Desktop Mode: Aero
Installed Package: DisplayLink Graphics (5.6.31870.0)
Installed Package: DisplayLink Core Software (5.6.31854.0)

Last edited by jazzy; 10-07-2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: wording
jazzy is offline   Reply With Quote