View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 06:52 AM   #1
Ed McD

Unhappy Toshi Dynadock 4K Install Failing

My new Dynadock 4k (model number PA 5217U-1PRP) is intended to work with a new Toshi Satellite S70 laptop running Windows 10. From the Toshiba web site drivers list for the 4K I first tried DisplayLink dynadock and USB Monitor driver V7.9 M3 for Windows 7, 8x, and 10, Posted Date: 2015-10-26 | Version: 7.9.703.0. Install seemed to complete and finish. But no icon appeared in my tray, including in the hidden icons; and there's no reference to DisplayLink at all in my "Apps" list.

I uninstalled the program and used DisplayLink's "cleaner," with a re-start. I then tried DisplayLink Corporate Installer for Windows 7, 8x, and 10
Posted Date: 2015-11-09 | Version: 7.9.664.0. Install seemed to complete and finish - but still no icon or reference to the existence of the software.

I tried Toshiba support, and they gave me web links, one of which led me to an invitation to download Driver Detective to help determine what driver I really need. It won't do anything unless I pay to buy the software - which I won't do. The other link brought me here.

Have I bought a docking station that simply has no available drivers, or does it just not work with my laptop? I'm stymied at the moment.
Ed McD is offline   Reply With Quote