View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 02:07 PM   #25
Lasse S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasse S View Post
I've been using a Dell D3100 on a MacBook Air (early 2014) for about two weeks. I have three Dell U2515H displays hooked up at 2560x1440. One is connected directly to the Thunderbolt 2 port and the others to the dock (DisplayPort and HDMI - unfortunately I'm only getting 50Hz on the HDMI).
With 2.6 on Sierra I was quite disappointed and even considered going back to my Lenovo PC, but with 3.0b1 I have my hopes up! Performance is considerably better, although I still find it unacceptable in the long run.
"WindowServer" and "DisplayLinkManager" are still hogging my CPU, mouse movement is laggy and the display I use for coding in Sublime Text also lags. I find myself moving important windows to the TB display where performance is excellent.

I haven't had any crashes, but I see the occasional black windows and other graphical glitches. That doesn't bother me that much though - performance is the most important.

I have enabled "Reduce motion" and "Reduce transparency". Is there anything else that can optimize performance?

That's just my 2 cents - let me know if I can contribute in any other way!
I have updated to macOS 10.12.2 and used the DisplayLink displays for a full working day. Performance is better, although no way near my natively connected display. I still wouldn't say performance is acceptable, but at least now the displays are usable

I'm also seeing weird glitches on DisplayLink connected displays but that doesn't bother me that much - performance is much more important!