View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 11:27 PM   #5
Complit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello,

Since Windows 10 Anniversary Update, our driver doesn't need talk to the Intel driver anymore.This is because Microsoft introduced native support for DisplayLink USB graphics. As the OS takes care of the kernel mode graphics, you will have observed the driver is much lighter, doesn't need a reboot or co-installer so makes it much easier to deploy.
Windows Desktop Window Manager send the pixels to be computed to the Intel graphics card and then the computed pixels are handed over to DisplayLink driver through a different interface.

Would you please be able to post the System_Details.txt from the log files? Or give me the build number and date for the Intel graphics?
You may be using an Intel graphics driver which doesn't know about the Windows 10 new graphics subsystem.

There was a bug in Windows 10 Anniversary Update which led to a maximum number of DisplayLink displays of 7 which was fixed in Fall Creators Update.
We don't test more than 6 on an ongoing basis as the test matrix is far too big to be manageable.
Testing 3 displays is standard for each release as the Dell D3100 on its own allows this.

Kind regards,
Alban
We see the same issue on 1703. Extending works but the default is to only extend to one display.

We work in an "activity based working" setup where users can have a different desk each day. Every time they use a desk they have not used before it reverts to one screen even though two are attached. It's possibly the most talked about issue with our new Win10 environment.

I suspect that each dock is seen as a new device which is why the defaults apply. I was hoping that somewhere there would be a config or set of defaults we could modify for each of our machines but I've not found anything yet.

Intel Graphics 23.20.16.4905
DisplayLink 8.3.2099.0
Complit is offline   Reply With Quote