View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
petemac

I'm running 10.6.2 and since upgrading to Snow leopard had had no problems with sleep/waking up of the screens (a nice surprise after regular locked up screens in Leopard). However, after a recent Time Machine backup I have started getting the the frozen cursor after inactivity and nothing I have done so far, based on recommendations in various threads and boards has cured it. I reinstalled the latest Displaylink driver to no avail.

One thing I have noticed is that before the problems started I had different behaviour when starting my Mac. At that time when the Mac was booting up the two screens would fire up so that they were both showing the default OSX wallpaper behind the login window. Since the freezing has started the second screen only fires up after I have entered my login and it has been accepted, and even then it takes a while.

This got me thinking that maybe it is the load order of the driver/extension that is affecting the startup and maybe the sleep issue as well. Can one change the load order, and could this be a factor?