View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 06:10 PM   #7
phrogg

Default Video of the finder issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Hi thank you,

We're struggling to reproduce what is shown in the excellent video from luckman212 or any sort of window-over-window corruption.
Unless it's a mirroring setup of course, in mirror we can easily see similar issues, which are a problem introduced in macOS some time ago.

Are you using mirror? If not any specific setting maybe in Accessibility/Display?

One check you may want to do is to take a screenshot of the whole desktop when the issue is visible. Is the corruption visible also on the screenshot?

Best regards,
Carlo
I have the same settings in my Accessibility and Display as luckman showed. But I'm on 2 4K displays, one native on the multi-adapter on a Macbook, the other through the USB port.

I took screenshots and I find that it doesn't show the artifacts when I do that. Both when I do that as a full screen shot and when I grab a portion of the screen. Interestingly, when I grab the portion of the screen with Shift-Cmd-4 it actually whites out both of the finder windows as I travel over them while leaving the background normal. But in the image that is grabbed they show what is there.

So I have created a quickie video you can view to see what I'm seeing. I can do this in a higher resolution if you want but low res allowed doing this upload very quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBkdXS-q16A

Phrogg
phrogg is offline   Reply With Quote