View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 03:10 PM   #428
Sofla David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudd View Post
You can if you want upgrade to 10.13.3 from Sierra. I wiped, went back to Sierra then upgraded to 10.13.3. It was a major pain in the ass, especially when I discovered that my time machine backup would not restore but I just took it as an omen that I should give my laptop a spring clean! I didn't lose anything in the end except three days of my life I'll never get back.

Wish they would sort this though as I now have an external GPU setup that I really want to use at home but still need the display link dock for work so am still stuck because I'm not shelling out for a 2nd eGPU setup for work!!!
I also wiped and clean installed Sierra (currently at 10.12.6) from scratch because I did not have a pre 10.13.4 backup. I would love to upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.3 (and then turn off updates) in order to be able to regain some High Sierra functionality (like automatically unlocking my MacBook Pro when wearing my Apple Watch 3).

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the installer to upgrade from Sierra, to [pre-10.13.4] High Sierra. I found the ones to upgrade to 10.13.3 if you already have Sierra, but they don't appear to work if you are not already on High Sierra.

Any suggestions, or a link on how you got from 12.12.x to 10.13.3?

Last edited by Sofla David; 07-20-2018 at 03:13 PM.
Sofla David is offline   Reply With Quote