View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 05:48 PM   #3
dcastellani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Yes Sierra dev previews are slow. This has happened for the dev previews of the last two OS versions as well.
For the moment we consider this to be expected. We'll be much more worried if the issue continues after a few public betas.

Carlo
Carlo, I understand DisplayLinks position on dev/beta software, so I am just replying to this thread to add information that I hope is helpful. I have no expectation that issues are fixed on dev/beta builds of mac os.

I am running macOS Sierra 10.12 Beta (16A238m) Public Beta on a
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB
Storage 500GB PCI-E SSD
My DisplayLink device is a Dell D3100 triple display.

I have version Version: 2.6.0 b1 (73011) of the DisplayLink driver.

I am experiencing very slow mouse movement/lag as anurse has reported.

I also have observed slower draw times to monitors connected to my Dell D3100. E.G. Maximising/minimising windows, youtube video playback, etc. Take this with a massive grain of salt as I do not have hard data to back this up with, so it could be placebo.

However, the mouse lag is very REAL and noticeable.

EDIT1: macOS Sierra PB(Public Beta) 2(Version 10.12 Beta (16A254g)) just hit. Will update this post with anything new after I get some time with the new PB.

EDIT2: After roughly 5 days with PB2, I can say nothing has improved from Apples side in regards to my usb 3.0 Dell D3100 triple display adapter/dock. Very slow refresh and extreme mouse lag. I've decided not to use my D3100 with this laptop for normal day to day tasks, and only reporting feedback here. Once a generally available build of macOS Sierra is out and/or new drivers come out from DisplayLink, ill try using it again for my daily driver.

Last edited by dcastellani; 07-26-2016 at 04:09 PM.
dcastellani is offline   Reply With Quote